Comm Eye Health Vol. 31 No. 105 2019. Published online 13 May, 2019
Myopia : a serious condition that needs our attention
Myopia is a growing epidemic that will affect half the global population by 2050, and its complications can cause irreversible visual loss.
Articles in this issue –
- Myopia: a serious condition that needs our attention
- How myopia develops
- High myopia and its risks
- The impact of uncorrected myopia on individuals and society
- Myopia: a growing epidemic
- Can myopia be prevented?
- Myopia in low-resource settings
- Advocacy to reduce the risk of myopia
- Preventing myopia in East Asia
- How to detect myopia in the eye clinic
- Who is at risk of myopia?
- Practical tips for managing myopia
- Optical interventions to slow the progression of myopia
- Pharmacological interventions in myopia management
- Sustaining trachoma elimination: lessons from North Africa and the Middle East
- Advancing a standardised approach to onchocerciasis elimination mapping
- Test your knowledge and understanding
- Picture quiz
- IN THIS ISSUE – Key community eye health messages